The deadline to submit applications for the County of San Mateo’s 4R’s (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot – Compost) Grants Program has been extended to Friday, February 9th!
The County of San Mateo’s Office of Sustainability is offering two tiers of funding under the 4R’s Grants Program: (1) 4R’s Grant (up to $25,000) and (2) Mini-Grant ($1,000 to $5,000). The goal of the program is to help eligible entities create, implement, and expand programs that promote reuse, waste reduction, recycling, and composting or education about these environmental issues in San Mateo County. Eligible organizations include nonprofit organizations, schools, or government agencies located in San Mateo County. An individual on behalf of the organization (e.g., school) located in San Mateo County or serving San Mateo County can also apply for the Mini-Grant.
Examples of Projects the Grants Program can fund:
· Classroom workshops, trainings, or activities by nonprofits
· School garden start-up funding, which includes funding for garden structures such as sheds and garden beds constructed with salvaged lumber
· Fixit Clinics or other reuse/repair projects
· Food waste reduction and reuse programs
· Materials associated with expanding/implementing a campus/facility-wide recycling, reuse or waste reduction program
· Environmental educational field trips to waste or recycling facilities, museums, etc.
· Books, materials and equipment, which will be utilized by teachers and students over the years
For additional information on both tiers of grant funding, including requirements and applications, please visit:http://www.smcsustainability.org/waste-reduction/reduce-reuse-recycle/, call 888-442-2666, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.